Syamaprasad College, founded by Dr. Syamaprasad Mukherjee, came into existence in the city immediately after the end of World War II in 1945. It was then styled as Asutosh College of Commerce (evening section).
News & Anouncements
- Auspicious occasion of the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose-23/01/2022
- Registration to “Career Guidance, Counseling Placement Cell”
- Practical Routine of Semester- III, V & Part- I, II, 2021, Department of Computer Science & Application
- B.A/BSC PART I PART II HONOURS AND GENERAL 1+1+1 SYSTEM GEOGRAPHY PRACTICAL EXAMINATION SCHEDULE, 2021
- SEC-A-1 Project Exam Notice for the Semester 3 (CBCS) PHSG Students
- Phase-3, Provisional Admission list – 1
- Fresh Online Applications – UG Courses – 2021
- Phase -2, Provisional Admission List – 1, 2021 for admission to UG Courses.
- Fresh Online applications – for UG Provisional Admission – 2021
- Phase-1, Online Provisional Admission to UG courses (Semester – I) – List – 7, 2021
Syamaprasad College started its Science Faculty in B.Sc (Computer Science Hons.), B.Sc (Electronics Hons.), B.Sc (Computer Application – Major) in the Annexe Building during day hours and B.Sc (Geography Hons.) on semi-day basis in 1998. Presently, it also offers B. Sc Honours in Economics and Mathematics. Students can also pursue B. Sc (General) in Pure Science, Bio Science as well as Geo Science.
A degree in Arts opens up multiple vistas of career opportunities such as academic research, teaching in schools and colleges, publishing, mass communication, journalism and many more. Initially arts department started with Honours courses in Bengali and English. Currently, it also offers B. A Honours and General courses in History, Education, French, Philosophy, Political Science, etc..
The college started its journey with commerce department a long back in 1945. It was primarily designed to meet to growing demand of commerce in higher education. Presently, college offers B. Com Honours programme in Marketing and Accounting & Finance. It also runs B. Com General programme.