Syamaprasad College, founded by Dr. Syamaprasad Mukherjee, came into existence in the city immediately after the end of World War II in 1945. It was then styled as Asutosh College of Commerce (evening section).
- Urgent Notice – Blocked and Pending status of Registration of 1st Semester students.
- Urgent Notice- Students of 3rd & 5th Semester, B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (Hons/Gen/Major)- extended dates for CU exam online Form Fill-up
- Urgent Notice- Students of 1st Semester, B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (Hons/Gen/Major)- appearing for Internal Examination.
- URGENT and Immediate response required – CU Registration Process (pending)
- URGENT/IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED – Registration pending – 1st Semester Students.
News & Anouncements
- Internal Examination/Tutorial – Commerce – Semester -1
- Updated Registration status of Students of 1st Semester B.A/B.Sc/B.Com (Hon/Gen/Major)
- Internal Examination Notice for Electronics General Students of 3rd and 5th Semester
- ONLINE NOTEBOOK PRACTICAL EXAMINATION – Department of Education
- B.A/B.Sc/B.Com(Hons/Gen/Major) Internal Examination – Department of Hindi
Syamaprasad College started its Science Faculty in B.Sc (Computer Science Hons.), B.Sc (Electronics Hons.), B.Sc (Computer Application – Major) in the Annexe Building during day hours and B.Sc (Geography Hons.) on semi-day basis in 1998. Presently, it also offers B. Sc Honours in Economics and Mathematics. Students can also pursue B. Sc (General) in Pure Science, Bio Science as well as Geo Science.
A degree in Arts opens up multiple vistas of career opportunities such as academic research, teaching in schools and colleges, publishing, mass communication, journalism and many more. Initially arts department started with Honours courses in Bengali and English. Currently, it also offers B. A Honours and General courses in History, Education, French, Philosophy, Political Science, etc..
The college started its journey with commerce department a long back in 1945. It was primarily designed to meet to growing demand of commerce in higher education. Presently, college offers B. Com Honours programme in Marketing and Accounting & Finance. It also runs B. Com General programme.